CCC has established a process for handling incoming phone calls intended to provide timely and effective response to the caller. The process for handling calls received during regular office hours are set out here. For calls at other times, check our off-hours calls page. Note: If you move your cursor over text in italics, supplemental information relating to that text will be displayed.
All calls start the same way:
- Call CCC at 585-276-7900; the call will be answered by CCC secretarial staff.
- Identify yourself as a CF patient.
- Give a brief description of the purpose of your call.
- Tell the secretary if your concern is urgent, requiring immediate attention.
- Make sure the secretary has your current contact information and that you are available for the call back.
If you are calling with an urgent issue:
- Ask for a nurse to call you back.
- When the nurse returns your call, s/he will gather relevant clinical information.
- The nurse will either (a) advise of action(s) to be taken or (b) speak with the physician and call back with the action(s) to be taken.
- You may request to have physician call back directly, but the call back depends on availability of physician and the nature of the issue.
If you are calling with a routine issue:
- The secretary will handle appointment requests directly.
- For issues other than appointments, the secretary will place a note in the electronic “task basket.”
- The appropriate member of the CF team will select and manage your task.
- The team member who handled the task will call back with the resolution to your call, including any further action to be taken