Knowing how to connect with the CF caregivers outside the clinic setting is an important aspect of building your partnership with the adult CF Center team. Fortunately, there are options for making those connections around the clock, every day of the year. Since message handling depends on adult center operations, the office hours for the Culver Medical Group (CMG) are set out below.
The primary factor in selecting the best option is the urgency of the issue you are facing. Here are the approaches for urgent issues and routine issues.
Urgent issues are conditions that require the immediate attention of the medical staff. Urgent issues include serious symptoms (for example, coughing up large amounts of blood or extreme shortness of breath which cannot be alleviated with your usual treatments) or follow up on specific instructions (for example, no sign of improvement within a specified time). In all cases, contact for urgent issues should be made by a phone call to the CMG at 585-654-5432. To learn more about the handling of phone calls, please check our pages for normal office hours calls and off-hours calls.
Routine issues include scheduling clinic visits, prescription refills, obtaining test results and other inquiries that do not require the immediate attention of medical staff. There are two ways to initiate contact with the adult CF center: phone call or MyChart.
- Phone contact starts with placing a call to the CMG at 585-654-5432. To learn more about the handling of phone calls, please check our pages for normal office hours calls and off-hours calls.
- MyChart is a web-based connection with the electronic medical records system of the University of Rochester Medical Center (URMC), including the adult CF center. When enrolled in MyChart access, you can: communicate with your medical providers; request appointments; ask non-urgent medical questions; request prescription refills; view test results; or view (and update) your medical history and current medications. A big advantage of using MyChart is that the communication becomes part of your medical record so that any provider that interacts with you can see what other providers have already done. To establish an account, you can request MyChart access on the URMC web site.
Culver Medical Group Hours
- Regular office hours: Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM (excluding holidays)
- Urgent care hours: Wednesday 4:30PM – 8:30 PM; Saturday 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM (excluding holidays)
- Off- Hours (calls handled through answering service): Weekends, holidays, weekdays before 8:30 AM and after 4:30 PM